Hey guys, here is what I’ve been up to over the last month:
– Painting fail, tried airbrushing my shapeways trailer, didn’t turn out so good. Definitely need to fill and sand to get a smooth texture and look.
– New layout basement floor plan and potential track plans. Rough planning has begun for my next layout. It will be built in the basement of our new house with the entire basement being designated for a model railroad. Nothing set in stone so far but here are some of the major items I want to incorporate into my new layout.
– Modern era CN, CP & VIA set in western Canada.
– CN & CP are independent of each other unless prototypically accurate.
– Continuos run single deck with trains able to “turn” back.
– Proto-freelanced based on actual locations with east-west flow.
– No duckunders or liftouts. Operators can follow train with ease for the entire run.
– Ample staging
– Work area below water tank and furnace with enough room for sink, airbrush booth, work bench and computer.
– Only industry I am dead set on is grain on both CN & CP.
General layout area is 43′ x 30′